How do I configure Mac Mail for permaNET?
1. Open Mail
2. Click on Mail and select Preferences
3. Look for the section named Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)
4. Click the drop down menu and select Edit SMTP Server List
5. Delete any servers you currently have in the list by using the minus button at the right hand side
6. Click the Plus button
7. Double click the new entry and change the server name to smtp.permanet.ie
8. At the end click on Account Information
9. Enter a description. This can be anything of your choice
10. Enter smtp.permanet.ie for the Server Name
11. Click on Advanced
12 Click the Authentication drop down menu and select Password
13. Enter your User Name. Contact permaNET if you don’t know what this is.
14. Enter your Password.
15. Click on OK.
Posted in: Broadband Help