This Privacy Notice is issued by permaNET Ltd. permaNET Ltd. acts as a controller of your personal data. The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the data relating to you that we collect and use in connection with the services provided to you (including any disclosures to third parties).
permaNET is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If you would like to contact us with any queries or comments in relation to your personal data, please email privacy@permaNET.ie or phone us on 021-6010510 or send a letter to permaNET Ltd, Unit 2 Kinvara House, Dublin Hill, Cork.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process the following data about you in connection with our relationship with you and administering your account:
• Name/Address/Phone Number(s)/Email Account(s)
• Bank account details if you pay by Direct Debit
• If you are a phone customer, we log calls you make for billing purposes
• We record a unique identifier (called a MAC address) for permaNET equipment (modem) which is provided to you for broadband and/or phone service. We also record any IP address provided to you by permaNET and the dates and duration that you may use that IP address.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, use the permaNET online billing/invoicing services or when you contact us with any query regarding your service.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or user name, password, modem mac or directions/notes.
We record all calls made to and from our call centre for training and quality purposes.
permaNET does not retain any Credit card or Debit Card details.
What do we use your information for?
We gather and use your information to:
• Allow us to provide you with the services you request from us;
• comply with legal obligations we might be subject to;
• provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those you have purchased from us or enquired about, subject to any preferences that you express when we collect your contact details or subsequently. You can opt out of receiving marketing information from us by contacting us as above or updating your preferences using our website customer portal.
• to monitor and improve the quality of our services or website;
• to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
The legal basis on which we process your personal data are:
• That it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you and to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
• That this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that applies to us.
We may disclose your data
• To third parties who we engage to provide services to us in connection with the services provided to you including IT service providers, professional advisers and auditors;
• If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• We may disclose or share your data to comply with any legal obligation
How do we protect your information?
We will not hold your personal data for longer than is necessary and as required by law or to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise between you and us.
Your personal data, listed above, is stored on permaNET servers located in secure facilities and any access to your personal data is strictly controlled and limited only to persons who are authorised and have appropriate security clearance to access the servers.
We may contact you by mail, email and telephone about our services which may be of interest to you. You have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data for this purpose.
You have the right to request that we:
• inform you whether we process your data, provide you with details relating to our processing, and with a copy of your data;
• rectify any inaccurate data we might have about you without undue delay;
• complete any incomplete information about you;
• erase your personal data without undue delay,
• are restricted from processing your data;
• furnish you with the personal data which you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
• We use your data solely at your consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of our using your data before the withdrawal.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner at any time.
We may update this privacy statement from time to time and will publish such updated version on our website. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.